Got questions? Here’s your answers!
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or just want to know more about our service, contact us on Resolw or via email at
- Will my customers need to download the Resolw app?
- What is pointing?
- What is a Unit?
- Do I need one link per customer?
- Can I change the Unit settings?
- How does the identifier work?
- What happens if a customer opens our link, but all of my team members are busy or offline?
- Why won’t my Automatic Greeting save?
- Why am I not receiving any calls?
- Can I transfer a conversation to another team member?
- Changing your device’s notifications for Resolw
Will my customers need to download the Resolw app?
Not at all – the great thing about Resolw is that your customers can reach you with the simple click of a link, which takes them directly to a chat with your team where you can start providing support.
What is pointing?
Pointing is our remote problem solving feature, which helps you to show customers exactly what they need to do by tapping or drawing on a live video stream.
Imagine you’re trying to assist a customer with an emergency repair and you want to limit the damage caused before you get there, or figure out if you have the part you need. Start a video call with pointing and let the customer show you exactly what’s gone wrong. When you draw on the screen with a mouse or your fingertips, the customer will see it on their screen too, allowing you to guide them to the best solution or to confirm what you need to do your job.
What is a unit? Do I need more than one?
A unit is like a hub that connects people to where they need to be. When you create a new unit, you’ll get a unique URL link with it. When customers click on the link and send a message, Resolw will connect to the related unit, find an available support agent and begin your session.
Units can be used for different purposes, such as different products or teams. For example – have one unit dedicated to emergency repairs, and another for maintenance or general enquiries. You can also just stick with one unit to keep things simple – the flexibility is all yours!
Do I need one link per customer?
You’ll need at least one link for your customers to be able to reach you, but we’re sure you’ll be happy to hear that you won’t be spending all of your time creating new links!
A new link (a URL) is created each time you make a new unit. When someone clicks on your link, a Resolw chat page will open and that customer can write to you immediately. If a different customer clicks on the same link, they won’t join the same chat as the previous person. Resolw recognizes each new incoming customer and will create an individual chat between your customer and your team.
Can I change the unit settings?
Of course! Head to My Units and click the Unit Settings icon to open the menu, and make changes as needed. Keep in mind that if you change your link extension then you’ll need to update the public link on your website too, or your customers won’t be able to reach you!
How does the identifier work?
As your customers aren’t required to enter in any information in order to connect to your Resolw support unit, we have implemented a way for you to distinguish between them.
- In the Unit Settings choose an identifier made up of numbers and/or letters. For example at Resolw we use SUP (short for support).
- When a customer is connected with a technician, the chat will appear under My Chats as SUP-1. If the same customer connects via the link at a later time, Resolw is able to identify them and will present the customer to a technician as SUP-1. The next customer would be identified as SUP-2, and so on.
What happens if a customer opens our link, but all of my team members are busy or offline?
Your customers will be greeted with an automated message, which you can personalise for each unit. For example – ask your customer to leave their name and email so that you can get back to them when a team member is free.
As soon as someone from your team becomes available, Resolw uses intelligent connection routing to quickly connect your customer with one of your technicians. You’re also able to use your personalised greetings to advise customers to leave their contact details so you can get back to them, and avoid waiting in line.
Why won’t my Automatic Greeting save?
Make sure that you click Set on the Automatic Greetings Menu, and then Save & close on the Unit Menu. If the changes to the unit are not saved, this will reset all greetings to the previous messages.
Why am I not receiving any messages?
Incoming messages from your public link can only be routed to the team members that have been added to the related unit. Check you have available team members assigned to each of your units.
If you’ve recently updated one of your public links under the Unit Settings, it’s important to update your website, email signature and all other places where the link is publicly available to your customers.
Can I transfer a conversation to another team member?
Chats can be reassigned from one team member to another, for example if a newer technician needs to escalate a case to a more experienced member of your team.
- In the chat window, the Reassign button can be found in the top-right corner.
- Once you click on the button, a list of team members that the customer can be reassigned to will become visible on the left-hand side – this won’t just be the other unit members, you will be able to transfer to team members in other units too.
- Click on the name of the team member you wish to transfer the customer to, and you’re done!
Changing notifications on your device
When you first sign up with us, we’ll prompt you to allow Resolw to send you notifications for your incoming messages. If you agree to them, we’ll only send you notifications whilst you’re logged in, to ensure you don’t miss any new conversations from your customers.
If you want to turn the notifications on or off at any time, follow the steps according to your browser:
PC & Mac:
- Open Resolw in your Chrome browser.
- Click More (the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the window) → then choose Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, click on Site settings and choose Notifications.
- To allow our notifications: Under “Allow” click Add. Enter our URL https://app.resolw.com/ and then click Add.
- To stop the notifications:
Under “Allow” click Add. Enter our URL https://app.resolw.com/ and then click Add.
- Open Resolw in your Chrome browser.
- To the right of the address bar, click ‘More‘ (the 3 vertical dots) → Info.
- Click Site Settings → Notifications.
- Choose Allow or Block.
iPhone & iPad:
Chrome doesn’t send notifications on your iPhone or iPad. If you get any alerts from Chrome, you may have pop-ups enabled.
To change your pop-up settings:
- Open Chrome.
- Choose More Settings
- Tap Content settings → Block Pop-ups.
- Turn “Block Pop-ups” to on or off, depending on your preference.
- Open the Safari app and click Safari from the top menu.
- Click Preferences → and open the Websites tab.
- Choose Notifications in the left sidebar.
- Find app.resolw.com in the list, and choose Allow or Deny from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Go to your Settings and open Notifications.
- Find and click on Safari in the list.
- If you want to receive our notifications, ensure that the slider next to Allow notifications is on (set to green).
- If you want to turn notifications off, ensure that the slider next to Allow notifications is off.
- You can also customise how and where your notifications will be presented to you in this menu.
- Click the Menu button (the 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner of the window) → choose Options.
- On the left sidebar, click Privacy & Security → scroll down the page to find Permissions
- Click the Settings button, to the right of Notifications.
- Find our URL: https://app.resolw.com/
- Here, you can choose to Allow or Block our notifications, and you can change it at anytime.
We’re sorry to see you made it to this section! We’re happy to hear your feedback, so please do let us know if something isn’t working for you after you’ve tried our steps below.
If you or your customer have issues connecting on an audio or video call, it could be due to your device’s browser settings.
Unfortunately, video and audio calls are not currently supported if you, or your clients are using iOS with Chrome. You can still use our chat feature, but for calls they will need to switch to a different browser. Please use Safari for the best results!
- To ensure the camera is working, open up your device’s Settings and find your browser (e.g. Safari) → Camera → and then select “Ask“.
- To allow microphone use, go to Settings → Privacy → Microphone. Find your browser on the list and enable microphone access by tapping on the slider so that it turns green.
- To ensure the camera is working open your device’s Settings, go to Apps and select the browser you’re using (e.g. Chrome). From there, open Permissions → Camera and ensure the access is set to “Allow“.
- Your microphone settings are under this menu too – from the Permissions page, open up the Microphone menu and ensure you’ve selected “Allow“.
To ensure that your camera and microphone are enabled:
To ensure that your camera and microphone are enabled on Safari:
- Go to app.resolw.com → Click on the Safari app menu in the upper left corner of the screen → Choose “Preferences” → Go to the Websites tab and then click on “Camera” from the side bar → Ensure this is set to “Allow” for our website.
- You can then click on “Microphone” on the side bar and ensure this is also set to “Allow” for our website.
Other troubleshooting steps:
- Clear your cache and cookies and try reopening the page.
- Make sure you are not trying to open Resolw in a private browser/incognito mode, as this may affect your notifications.
Contact us! If you are still experiencing technical difficulties, don’t understand what to do next or just want to speak to someone for some assistance then we are ready to help. You can reach us in the Resolw app, or email us at